This is a USB MIDI hardware device that comes in two versions, with or without integrated sound card. It can be used to control any software that supports MIDI on MAC/PC/iPad.
This project was in fact two projects, one for each version of the console (U-Mix Control Pro and U-Mix Control 2 that had no sound card). It was a complex project that required a multitude of software tools which in the end enriched my skills by huge margin. The design of the jog wheel was a nice challenge. I proposed several solutions from which the final one was agreed upon and we can see it today.
The people involved were from different parts of the globe with different time zones.
This project like many of my other projects was done without interacting or touching any of the actual prototypes.
I worked on all the parts of the project from the conception and development to the user manual. I provided the original designs (using 3D renderings) from which the final one was chosen.
- creation of several product design proposals (the final design was chosen by the Mixvibes team)
- new jog wheel design different from other designs on the market
- technical drawings and 3D files for the manufacturer
- technical schemes for the user manual and packaging
- files for the silkscreen process (the text printed on the device itself)
- product visualization through the entire duration of the development process
- product renderings for marketing (web, print and packaging)
- V-shaped EQ to accommodate the small size of the device and make space for the load and browse buttons
- handles molded directly in the case for better ease of use
- optimization of the jog wheel size
- reduction of the device height by realigning the internal components resulting in less material and lower weight
- function assignment for knobs and buttons (ex: kill function for the equalizer)
The internal structure was not developed by myself but I have provided support for the entire duration of the project contributing with solutions and ideas.