I took part in all stages of the development from the conception to the final release including packaging and user manual
The people involved were from different parts of the globe with different time zones and required a considerable communication effort.
Initial Design Exploration
The initial requirement was to create a completely new and original design. Here are just a small part of the initial design ideas that I explored.
Areas of the development of which I was responsible:
- created several product design proposals (the final design was chosen by the Mixvibes team)
- designed the completely new jog wheel design different from other designs on the market
- created technical drawings and 3D files for the manufacturer
- designed technical schemes for the user manual and packaging
- provided the files for the silkscreen process (the text printed on the device itself)
- contributed with product visualization through the entire duration of the development process
- created product renderings for marketing (web, print and packaging)
Notable personal contributions and solutions:
- V-shaped EQ to accommodate the small size of the device and make space for the load and browse buttons
- handles molded directly in the case for better ease of use
- optimization of the jog wheel size
- reduction of the device height by realigning the internal components resulting in less material and lower weight
- function assignment for knobs and buttons (ex: kill function for the equalizer)
- knobs design
The controller received the Mixmove Tech Award – “Best DJ Software” in 2011 for being the best DJ Controller under 600€.