I joined in as a remote team member of a project team formed by 3 developers, 1 UX/UI designer (myself) and 1 product manager. My duties were to define the UI structure, improve the usability compared to the previous versions of the product, create interface guidelines, align the internal stakeholders and provide the graphic assets for implementation and marketing.
The initial deadline was two weeks for the delivery of the assets. The software was due to be launched at Siel Paris music exposition.
During development I participated both as a in-house team member as-well as remotely and the later was the most challenging.
- created the initial design concept in under 7 days
- provided the complete graphic assets library containing more than 500 files
- validated the interface with internal and external stakeholders through user testing methods
- created the vectorial graphics for the library
- developed the new concept for the preview player
- optimized the channel header display for better legibility
- designed the waveform overlay solution for beat-grid editing
- designed the integration of the loop and beat-jump controls
The application received the Mixmove Tech Awards – “Best DJ Software” for two consecutive years: 2010 and 2011.